David Philip Graham
At DPG at Law, I have a diverse, full-service practice in entertainment, intellectual property, internet, and video game law.
My clients have included YouTube and live streaming entertainers, musical acts, video game publishers and developers, clothing designers, professional gaming teams and players, copyright and trademark infringement defendants, inventors and entrepreneurs, and more. My work for them has run the gamut from business formation to intellectual property transfers, service and product contracts to entertainment contracts, copyright and trademark registration to employment contracts, and more.
My understanding of the problems my clients face is personal as well as professional. I have developed live and recorded web shows, commentated video game tournaments for major online live streams, written and edited creative writing magazines, and worked with major video game and entertainment groups. I also follow copyright and internet law scholarship as a hobby and have lectured on copyright at the university level.
As a result of this professional and personal experience, I have a depth of understanding of my clients’ issues rivaled by few others. I strive to be approachable, friendly, and down to earth with everyone and to always make my clients feel comfortable and happy. Please contact me via whichever contact method is easiest for you.
Areas of Practice
- Video Games
- Intellectual Property
- California, 2010
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. – 2008
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- LL.M. – 2010
- UCLA Entertainment Law Review, Submissions Editor, 2009 – 2010
- University of California Berkeley
- B.A. – Political Science
- Player Contracts and Unions in the LCS, 2014
- Inviting Regulation: The Sportsification of Video Games, 2013
- Tolling the Stream: Be Jailed for Streaming?, 2011
- Mortal Kombat 9, First Sale, and the Power of Clever Lawyers, 2011
- Analysis of Capcom’s Take Down Requests, 2011
- Lab Zero, Inc.: video game developer
- Neo-C Productions L. L. C.: video game developer
- ten/o LLC: esports tournament and event broadcaster
- Victor “Punk” Woodley: professional esports player
- Dominique “SonicFox” McLean: professional esports player
- Retro Graphics Books: comic book designer
- Copyright and Licensing Issues in Open Source Software, California State University – Northridge, 2009 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- Video Game Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- Esports Bar Association, 2018 – Present