David Philip Graham
At DPG at Law, I have a diverse, full service practice in entertainment, intellectual property, internet, and video game law.
My clients have included YouTube and live streaming entertainers, musical acts, video game developers and publishers, clothing designers, professional gaming teams and players, copyright and trademark infringement defendants, inventors and entrepreneurs, and more. My work for them has included business formation, intellectual property rights transfers, service and product contracts, arbitration, entertainment contracts, copyright and trademark registration, employment contracts, fair use litigation, and more.
My understanding of the problems my clients face is personal as well as professional. In the past, I have developed live and recorded web shows, commentated video game tournaments for major online live streams, written and edited creative writing magazines, created my own website, and worked with major video game and entertainment groups. I also follow copyright and internet law scholarship as a hobby and have lectured on copyright at the university level.
As a result of this professional and personal experience, I have a depth of understanding of my clients' issues rivaled by few others. I strive to be approachable, friendly, and down to earth with everyone and to always make my clients feel comfortable and happy. Please contact me via whichever contact method is easiest for you.
Areas of Practice
- Video Game
- Intellectual Property
- California, 2010
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2008
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- LL.M. - 2010
- Law Review: UCLA Entertainment Law Review, Submissions Editor, 2009 - 2010
- University of California Berkeley
- Major: Political Science
- Player Contracts and Unions in the LCS, 2014
- Inviting Regulation: The Sportsification of Video Games, 2013
- Tolling the Stream: Be Jailed for Streaming?, 2011
- Mortal Kombat 9, First Sale, and the Power of Clever Lawyers, 2011
- Analysis of Capcom’s Take Down Requests, 2011
- Lab Zero, Inc.
- The Hillywood Show
- Young Horses, Inc.
- Copyright and Licensing Issues in Open Source Software, California State University - Northridge, 2009 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2011 - Present
- Century City Bar Association, 2011 - Present
- Video Game Bar Association, 2013 - Present